So you’re finally home from work, and you have no idea what to wear for tonight’s festivities. Don’t panic! And don’t feel badly that you didn’t plan an outfit ahead of time.
The hardest part about pulling together a New Year’s Eve look, in my opinion, is that most people tend to have very little energy left after the holidays. ;) You’ve been getting dressed up for a solid month, after all! No need to run out to the closest department store and drop hundreds on a new dress, though. Here are a few ways to make what you already own work.
1. Wear a sparkly statement necklace over a sweater. The perfect option for those of us who prefer to stay warm and comfortable!
2. Slip on a pair of metallic pumps. Or any pumps, for that matter. I love that they can dress up the most casual of looks, and can help you get away with wearing leggings or dark jeans!
3. Curl your hair. Or try something different if you normally rock the curls.
4. Pair a solid-colored dress with sheer, black tights. I’m a big fan of stretching one’s wardrobe, and wearing other seasons’ dresses year-round. Black tights balance out bright colors, and they also keep you warm. The above green dress, for example, is linen… but if paired with black tights, I think it’d be perfect for New Year’s Eve!
5. Wear red lipstick. My friend Jess and I joke that it makes any outfit look fabulous.
6. Pile on the bracelets and bangles. The more sparkle, the better.
7. Wear a sequined or metallic skirt/dress. If you don’t have one, opt for a sequined top.
8. Wear lace… or leather. Materials that aren’t worn on an everyday basis are sure to make you feel special!
9. Wear a metallic belt. I wear my gold bow belt whenever I feel like my outfit is missing something.
10. Carry a metallic clutch. Clutches scream party!
Happy New Year’s Eve! And remember: there’s nothing wrong with not dressing up. :) Laid-back for the win!