Sweater (It’s available here, too. Also love this one!) / Scarf (Similar here) / Loafers (Solid version here) / Jeans (Also adore this pair.) / Coach Bag (Also love this similar one and this similar one.) / Cable-Knit Blanket
^ My I’m-staying-inside-today-but-still-wearing-a-scarf-because-it’s-THAT-cold-outfit.
You guys did it. Just by listening to me babble about my post-holiday blues, you helped me get over them. Okay. Maybe I’m not 100-percent over them, but I’m definitely getting happier. Yesterday was a much better day, and I was somewhat motivated to be productive. Getting seven to eight hours of sleep seems to positively impact my outlook, as does eating right and reserving time for relaxation and fun. Like I said before, I think post-holiday hangovers are normal, and it’s important to be kind to myself in early (and perhaps mid and late) January!
A few fun life updates:
- We’re going to Florida! Mitch and I decided that we needed something to look forward to, and my parents felt the same. We’re planning on going to Naples–since none of us have ever been–sometime in February. Planning on booking the flights and Airbnb this weekend! Have you ever been to Naples? Any recommendations?
- I’m starting to become interested in turning our guest room into a guest room/play room, as we’re currently in need of more space. As much as I love our navy MegMade dresser, I think it’s time to let it go. If you live in Chicago and are interested, email Mitch at firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s in perfect condition as we rarely use that room. :) Anyway, I’d like to put some bins and a play kitchen on that wall, and just make it a kid-friendly room overall. Certainly don’t have a plan at this point, but god knows I’ll be asking Kira. <– Best interior designer in Chicago!
- Speaking of projects, our kitchen is DONE and I can’t wait to share it with you! The only thing is that we’re still waiting on our microwave. As soon as that comes in, though, I’ll be doing a big post on it. :) You can see a sneak peek here.
- I’m kind of getting into cooking. GASP. Okay — I should probably rephrase: I’m kind of enjoying spending time in my kitchen. Yes, I’m sure it’s because of the remodel. But I’ve also been going food shopping a lot (on account of boredom), and I’ve been getting somewhat adventurous. (For me. Which means eating more than just mac and cheese and plain salads.) My bff Jess is always talking about her favorite finds from Trader Joe’s, so maybe I’ll do a post soon on my favorites?! (Which will likely be hilarious but whatever, haha.)
- I received SO many great indoor kid-friendly activities from you guys on Instagram! We’re going on an adventure tomorrow and taking a ton of photos, and then sometime next week, I’ll share those and include a list of everything you suggested. Have an idea? Add in the comments section below and I’ll be sure to include it.
On to this week’s “Recent Finds”: