I hate the mail. I avoid it at all costs. A quick trip to the mailbox can derail a good day, and sometimes the mail’s unavoidable associated chores can ruin a month. I’ve seen it happen. (For example, recently opened letter from our health insurance company and it took me a solid WEEK to fix the mistake that I’m convinced was made intentionally. 😂) If it were up to me, I’d throw the mailbox away, pop the numbers off the house and live free.
That is, except for this time of year.
I love holiday cards because until about a decade ago, these little things were all we had. They’re the original social network in hard copy form. We’d get a once-yearly update from all the wonderful people we used to know.
But the Christmas card game is tough these days. Everyone’s walking around with high-powered, globally connected super cameras in their pockets, and by some freak circumstance, their entire families just happened to dress in the same color on the beach during the summer. What funny luck! But seriously: people bring their A game for holiday cards, and you need to bring in the big guns if you want to compete. (Come on. Don’t pretend like your year isn’t made when you totally rock your family’s Christmas card. 😜)
This is where Minted enters the scene, though, and turns a benched player on the sidelines and turns him into a starter. Minted takes the artistry of Christmas cards to another level, and makes the process easy.
If you’re unfamiliar, Minted is a platform through which the world’s premier independent artists use to sell their incredible designs. The coolest part is that anyone can do it! Our friend Blair actually challenged herself to learn to paint a few years ago, and today, she’s an award-winning member of the Minted community! So impressive, and so cool that Minted provides her with discoverability.
Anyway, I’m here to tell you that with Minted, you can win the season in the next 15 minutes. Let’s do it together. From start to finish, my order took 10 minutes. Here’s my entire order process:
- Scroll through your phone to find the best picture of your dog, cat, fish, kids, partner or yourself. (Preferably on vacation, though I realize that very few fish go on vacation these days.)
- Peruse the thousands of custom curated designs available on Minted.com, and use the site’s awesome search function to narrow choices. We found and committed to “Festive Tartan Foil-Pressed” by Caitlin of Hudson Meet Road in roughly two minutes.
- Personalize your card with Minted’s soup-to-nuts customization options, which include different color themes, foil sheens, silhouette shapes, card stock, custom text, card back patterns, envelope inserts, design, fonts and even custom stamps to get that baby in the mail.
- Upload your mailing list and select the option to have Minted print the freaking addresses on the envelopes for you. (DO IT. You don’t see the pre-addressed envelopes in these photos because of #safety, but take it from me: If you have kids or are ever busy, it’s the only way that you’ll ever actually mail them!)
- If you’re an organized person, choose standard shipping. If you’re a mess, express shipping is for you. (I’ll let you guess what camp we fall into.)
In conclusion, follow my lead and you’ll have the best Christmas card out of anyone you know. Guaranteed!
This post is sponsored by Minted, but all opinions are our own. As always, thank you so, so much for supporting the partnerships that keep Kelly in the City up and running!