Madewell Frances Loafer (Available at both Nordstrom and Madewell. They come in a mule version, too!) / Rag & Bone Jeans (They’re not capris; they’re just called “The Capri.” They’re ankle or cropped jeans! I’m between 5’4 an 5’5 and they hit at my ankle. The photo is incorrect on Nordstrom, btw. No rips.)
Today, I thought I’d quickly highlight one of my all-time favorite pairs of shoes, Madewell’s Frances Loafers–available at both Nordstrom and Madewell–because they’re now available in tons of different colors. :)
Here’s why I love the Madewell Frances Loafers so much:
- They’re super cushioned.
- They require zero break-in time.
- They’re very soft.
- The backs don’t rub. Like, at all.
- They’re weirdly warm.
- They’re totally true to size, so there’s no guesswork. I’m a 7.5 in flats, and I took these in a 7.5.
- Because of their pointed toe, they’re a bit more polished and therefore appropriate for the office.
- They come in a mule version, too!
My other recommendations for loafers are:
- Sperry Seaport Loafers: These are surprisingly more comfortable than the Madewell pair, but they’re also more of an everyday, university-esque loafer. More casual, is what I’m trying to say, haha… but couldn’t live without ’em.
- Rothy’s Washable Loafers: Holy goodness. The KING of comfort. Did I mention that they’re washable? Here’s my full review.
- Gucci Brixton Loafers: Quite the splurge, but the quality is off the charts. Walked miles around NYC in ’em on my first day and no rubbing! Here’s the full review.
- Sam Edelman Lior Loafers: Copies of the Gucci pair. Have them! They’re obviously not as amazing as the Guccis, but they look so, so similar, and they won’t rip your feet up.
- Everlane Modern Loafer: I have these in white, and they’re so sharp-looking! They require a bit of breaking in, but they’re worth it. :) Sizing is also a little tricky. I would probably order your regular size along with a half size up. I took them in my normal size but all my friends went up!