I’m wearing: Vineyard Vines Ponte Pants, Plaid Cape, Canvas Carryall and Cashmere Sweater c/o / Kate Spade Sunglasses (Old, similar here and here) / J.Crew Bracelet / Kendra Scott Necklace and Earrings c/o / Lands’ End Booties c/o (Do we think I wear these enough?!) / C.Wonder Bracelet (Old, similar here, here and here)
A few things to address today:
- How cute is Mitch in his Vineyard Vines shirt? We snapped these a few days ago before Mitch headed off to school and I headed off to the airport to pick up Mandi. If you haven’t seen VV’s new arrivals for men yet, be sure to check them out. I’m dying. My eyes are on this shirt, this shirt and this shirt for the hubs. So cute!
- In about a week, Mitch is going to be be doing an “Ask Me Anything” post, in which he’ll be sporting another Vineyard Vines look and answering any questions you guys might have for him! I’m excited. :) If you have a question, simply email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. (And don’t worry. Your name won’t be included in the post!)
- On a related note, Mitch is currently raising money to buy his inner-city classroom a computer. It’ll be used for big chunk of the day, when students break into groups and work at stations to improve their most challenging skills. It’ll encourage at-risk students to get comfortable using modern technology, it’ll allow for the creation of presentations and research projects, and it’ll improve motivation. (I mean, who doesn’t want to use a cool computer instead of pencil and paper?!) It’s an amazing cause, and every dollar counts. If you contribute, you’ll also receive adorable thank you notes from his kids. Please consider donating to the cause! (Thank you so much!)
- Sale Alert: The Nordstrom Fall Clearance Sale is on! There’s a ton of discounted products from brands like Barbour (such a great price for this jacket!), Vineyard Vines, Sperry (love these!) Burberry, Tory Burch (#omg), Jack Rogers, Stuart Weitzman, Hunter, Hudson Jeans, Madewell, and Kate Spade (love these boots and these striped pumps).
- I can’t get enough of Vineyard Vines’ new arrivals for women! I picked out this look last week for the VV brunch (where I met founders Shep and Ian!), and I’ve already worn the outfit twice. (Like, the exact outfit, haha.) Other favorites from the company’s new arrivals include this tartan dress, this scalloped skirt, this blackwatch plaid clutch, and this blackwatch plaid baseball hat.
- I dropped Mandi off at the airport yesterday. It was really hard to see her go, and I instantly felt lonely the minute that she and Harriett disappeared into the terminal, but I also had an amazing time with her. It was awesome to introduce her to my Chicago girlfriends (and see my two worlds come together, in a way)… and I loved wandering around Lincoln Park, sipping wine and chatting on the front step, and walking the pups together. It still gets me that she flew all the way here because I was feeling homesick. My heart is full. :)
- It’s Friday! Mitch and I are spending the weekend with my aunt, uncle and cousins, who are visiting from NYC. I’m so excited! (This is the post from Auntie-M’s visit last year!) What are you doing this weekend?!