I just spent four hours clicking through the Nordstrom Half-Yearly Sale to curate this guide of all the best men’s stuff. Enjoy!
1. Vineyard Vines Gingham Button-Down: I still do a double-take when I see Vineyard Vines on Nordstrom. And to see VV on sale is just too much to handle. I have every variety of their gingham shirts and I bought these two as backups.
2. Levi’s 511 Slim Jeans: Even tried-and-true Levi’s are getting in on this stretchy denim craze. These 511s are incredibly soft and stretchy, and the first time I put them on, I felt a little strange. But they’re now my favorite jeans and more than 20 percent off today.
3. Barbour Spoonbill Jacket: This is the best price I’ve ever seen on a Barbour jacket, hands down. It’s got the corduroy collar and everything. Plus it’s waterproof.
4. Marine Layer Crewneck Sweatshirt: Marine Layer is one of those brands I hear about everywhere I go. So soft! It’s so soft! Seriously, so soft. I’m all in on crewneck sweatshirts this spring so this obviously made my list.
5. Marine Layer Pullover: Shoutout to this pullover’s designer for making this sweater dark on top and light on bottom and, therefore, much less likely to be stained by me. Good looking out!
6. Bonobos Boat Sweatshirt: A sweatshirt with a boat on it? Sign me up. I feel like this sweatshirt was made with my wife in mind. And happy wife = happy life.
7. Ugg Chukka Boot: These shoes saved my sole last winter. They’re warm and, apparently, stylish… despite their appearance. I can’t believe I’m about to say this but I’m looking forward to the cold weather so I can start wearing them again.
8. Vineyard Vines Pullover: Another great VV item on sale. These pullovers are versatile and they look great on the beach or on a boat as well as in the office. 20 percent off is an incredible deal.
9. Bonobos Stretch Slim Chinos: Not the most exciting article of clothing, but Bonobos slim chinos are a must for any guy’s wardrobe. This is the only thing I’ve worn that caused friends to pull out their phone and buy themselves a pair right in front of me. (My friend Tom.) True story!
10. Barbour Madras Short Sleeve: If names like Barbour and madras get you all excited, then you’re in the right place. I’m a big short-sleeve button-down fan, and this shirt is right up my alley.
11. Madewell Slim Straight Jeans: I was shocked to learn that Madewell makes men’s jeans. Their slim straightjeans are the perfect fix with just a hint of slim to make it look like you know what you’re doing. Madewell jeans are an incredible value with designer quality at totally reasonable prices. (They’re also Kelly’s favorite.) And in this sale they’re 40 percent off. Done!
12. Vineyard Vines Sankaty Performance Pullover: Vineyard Vines Performance material defies all logical sense. It’s wrinkle-proof, light, stretchy, cool and warm at the same time… and oh-so comfy. I’ve never seen their Performance stuff for sale so this is a buy.
13. Marine Layer Clayton Pullover: I’m starting to think I have a pullover problem. But if pulling shirts over is wrong, I don’t wanna be right. This Dusk Blue beauty at 40 percent off and I plan on wearing it from now until they rip it from my cold dead hands. Much like Kelly, I should not write blog posts late at night.
14. Polo Hoodie: Ralph Lauren rarely sells his stuff on Nordstrom so this hoodie is a shock. Another shock is that it and its hoodie friends currently up to 40 percent off.
15. Barbour Plaid Button-Down: #60daysofplaid is just around the corner, so it’s important to stock up on your gear now while it’s 40 percent off.
16. Topman Car Coat: Topman is always inexpensive so 40 percent off puts this coat in the ridiculous value category. I’ve always wanted to be a car coat guy, and this is as good of a chance as I’ll ever get.
17. Olive Field Jacket: More realistically, I’m a field jacket guy. It works for nasty Chicago Spring and Fall days and, if I’m being honest, some of those occasionally nasty Chicago summer days. Great price at $60.
18. Bonobos Cardigan: I go for Bonobos any chance I can get, and this fun cardigan piece at 40 percent off is a steal. Granted, I’m not exactly a cardigan guy, but I could be if I bought this cardigan. It’s really that simple.
19. Levi’s 510 Skinny Jeans: Darker wash jeans are an easy way to class up an outfit. Just be careful where you sit before you wash them a couple times because a permanent blue butt print on the new chair would not be good for your marriage. Or so I’ve heard.
20. Cole Haan Cap Toe Derby: I saved the best deal of the bunch for last. The good men’s Cole Haan shoes rarely go on sale and these Cap Toe Derbies are 66 percent off today. They look great at more formal occasions like weddings or more casual ones with jeans. I mean, they’re shoes, really nice shoes that I love. What else can I say?