It’s time I dedicated an entire post to this navy dress.
Because I wear this thing on a weekly basis. I wore it to Jess’ church ceremony; I wore it to every other dinner over the summer. I wore it yesterday, and I wore it a couple of days before that, too. It’s AH-MAH-ZING. Why? Well, friends, for a variety of reasons:
- It doesn’t wrinkle. If you look closely in some of the detail shots, the dress features a teensy-tiny pleated type of fabric. No ironing is needed. Like, ever. I scrunch this thing up regularly in suitcases and overnight bags, and it comes out looking perfectly. In short, it’s a magic dress.
- It’s navy. Enough said.
- It’s a midi length, yet still looks stylish. Short dresses are hard for me these days, as I’m constantly bending over to pick up a really cute mini human. This dress is the perfect length, though. Thank god midi dresses are in style!
- It’s machine-washable. Easy-peasy.
- The sizing is consistent. I’m somewhere between 5’4 and 5’5, and 105 and 110 pounds, and I took a size XS in this. Roomy but not too roomy.
- The off-the-shoulder component isn’t annoying. There’s a ton of elastic in it, so I don’t have to keep adjusting throughout the day. Despite this, it’s insanely soft and comfy.
- The floral pattern is perfect for the transition from summer to fall. I love a dress that can straddle two seasons.
Everlane Pumps: I adore these. They’re incredibly comfortable with that awesome low block heel, and since they’re light pink, they go with nearly everything: navy or black, haha. Or brown! They also come in a ton of other colors, too. And they run TTS.
Kiel James Patrick Bracelet: I’ve been a less-is-more kind of girl with jewelry this past year, since I have very little time to get ready in the morning, and since Emma is obsessed with jewelry and is constantly pulling on it. ;) But this rope-and-pearl bracelet hasn’t come off since we got it in the mail. I love the simplicity of it, that it reminds me of this past summer, and that it fits my small wrist.
Coach “Court” Bag: This is definitely my favorite bag in my closet. My parents gave it to me when I moved to Chicago a few years ago, and I’m obsessed. It’s one of Coach’s old bags that they brought back for a brief period. Now, sadly, they’ve been discontinued again. But I LOVE this super similar one (grab it before it sells out!), and this one, too.
Over and out, Friends! This girl has a big weekend ahead of her, and she needs to get her ducks in a line to prepare!
^ I’m sorry, but how cute is my photographer? Love you, MSL.